All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Data Protection Officer/GDPR Owner is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Buddies Box Hire Ltd. collecting/processing their personal data.
All Employees/Staff of Buddies Box Hire Ltd. who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
- Who are we?
We are a Horsebox hire company that offers self-drive horsebox hire only. Our Data Protection Officer/GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly as follows:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 07931 901804
The personal data we would like to collect from you include; Name, Date of Birth, Phone, Email, Address, (including photocopies of proof), Occupation, Reason for Hire, Areas of Hire, Driving history and licence information (including photocopies of licence and a licence check via the DVLA website), Medical conditions, Convictions history, vehicle insurance history, credit/debit card details for payments relating to your Horsebox Hire.
The Driving Licence check will be conducted via the DVLA website: https://www.gov.uk/check-driving-information
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To check your identity and your suitability to drive.
- May be shared with others to facilitate the arranging of insurance on your behalf and for the purposes and processing insurance claims.
- May be shared with fraud prevention agencies and databases
Our legal basis for processing the personal data:
- To ensure you meet all the requirements of our insurance criteria;
- To check your identity and your suitability to drive;
- May be shared with others to facilitate the arranging of insurance on your behalf and for the purposes and processing insurance claims;
- May be shared with fraud prevention agencies and databases.
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- To check your identity and your suitability to drive
- Data may be shared with others to facilitate the arranging of insurance on your behalf and for the purposes and processing of insurance claims
- May be shared with fraud prevention agencies and databases.
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
- Health data; and
- Medical conditions
If we require your consent for this activity, you may withdraw consent at any time by Contact us via phone (07931 901804) or email ([email protected])
Buddies Box Hire Ltd. will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. Data we share includes the following:
- Data may be shared with others to facilitate the arranging of insurance on your behalf (ADE Anthony Evans) and for the purposes and processing insurance claims.
- Data may be shared with fraud prevention agencies and databases.
3.3 Retention period
Buddies Box Hire Ltd. will process personal data for Up to 1 year and will store the personal data for 1 year only. The insurance Questionnaire form will last up to 1 year and enable you to drive our horsebox based on the information you have provided in this form for up to 1 year thereafter (provided the Repeat Form has also been completed for each hire).
3.4 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that the organisation refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in Clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4
above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Buddies Box Hire Ltd. (or third parties as described in 3.2 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority Buddies Box Hire data protection representatives Data Protection Officer/GDPR Owner.
The details for our supervisory :
3.6 How we use your information
Under the GDPR, personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Buddies Box Hire Ltd., will collect and use your personal data for ensuring you meet the criteria for insurance for hire our horseboxe, for confirming your initial booking (email), for reminding you of your upcoming booking (email and text) and a follow up email on completion of your hire. We may contact you via text if in relation to your hire.
Why does Buddies Box Hire Ltd. need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with the adequate insurance for driving our Horseboxes. we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and for ensuring you meet all the requirements for insurance for driving our Horseboxes. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, Buddies Box Hire Ltd. would request your specific consent for this processing.
Will Buddies Box Hire Ltd. share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Buddies Box Hire Ltd. in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to check your identity and your suitability to drive, to facilitate the arranging of insurance on your behalf and for the purposes and processing insurance claims. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of it in line with our procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data on to a third party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Buddies Box Hire Ltd. use the personal data it collects about me?
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the GDPR. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We are required to retain certain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs. If you wish to know more about our retention and disposal procedures, please contact our Data Protection Officer/GDPR Owner.
Under what circumstances will Buddies Box Hire Ltd. contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions.
Can I find out the personal data that Buddies Box Hire Ltd. holds about me?
At your request, we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the U.K.
- Contact details of the Data Protection Officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Buddies Box Hire Ltd. or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The U.K. approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it was not collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
We accept the following forms of ID when you request information about your personal data: Driving Licence, plus a utility bill (dated within 90 days).
Document owner and approval
The Data Protection Officer/GDPR Owner is the owner of this document and is responsible for keeping it up to date. The current version of this document is available to Data Protection Officer/GDPR Owner and is published on our website: www.buddiesboxhire.co.uk/privacy